Strong research techniques and robust assessment tools can be deployed in a number of ways. In each separate case Damhurst & Co discuss with a client which service or combination thereof is most suitable for their appetite and ambitions.
Our process is continuously refined and enhanced to increase accuracy and speed. Its foundations are rooted in the traditional, thorough and rigorous executive search lifecycle:
- A briefing exercise that gets to the heart of the appointment, challenges assumptions whilst also maintaining realistic expectations.
- A bespoke and exhaustive market research process that identifies the most suitable candidates for your role.
- An assessment methodology constructed specifically for Damhurst & Co by E3 Consultants.
- A carefully managed and balanced negotiation of package and terms leading up to a coached resignation and delivery of your candidate.
- Regular follow up and on-boarding of the successful candidate (and his/her associates).
Each project is unique and requires a tailor made approach. Contact us to discuss your brief today.
Identifying the most suitable non-executive directors to constructively challenge your leadership team is a unique task in many respects. Whilst utilising many of the tools and practices of executive search, Damhurst has created Project AligNED, a dedicated non-executive practice that prioritises the following:
- Regulatory expectations: Detailed and up to date knowledge of the regulators’ requirements of an independent NED.
- Networked: An extensive network of personal connections and affiliations with the market’s highest quality non-executive practitioners.
- Data: Data and knowledge of all up and coming reviews or expiring NED appointments to the various broker, Lloyd’s, company market, reinsurer, MGA, advisor and supplier boards.
- Cultural fit: Assessment skills to ascertain the cultural fit and style that will work best with your board.
- Conflict of interest: Knowledge of the various pressures and interests in the market allows us to advise on where and when a conflict is likely to arise.
A number of Damhurst & Co’s clients already know who they would like to engage with, but want a carefully calibrated recruiting process to ensure suitability and cultural fit.
For a Named Approach the team can put together a custom-made proposal to include or exclude the following:
- Initial approach, meet & assess, ascertain the level of genuine interest, facilitate a robust interview process, negotiate terms/package, resignation coaching, and delivery.
To find out more about our unique and bespoke approach. Contact us today.
If you are looking for confirmation that the person you are intending to hire is suitable for your business, a benchmarking exercise can be useful at this stage. Damhurst & Co are able to assess in detail and with complete anonymity how fellow market practitioners view your target candidate. Example criteria or testing questions might include:
- How does he/she perform in highly stressed situations?
- What would the regulators think of his/her performance in the last 24 months?
- How strong are his/her relationships with brokers, underwriters or buyers?
- How likely do people perceive his/her business to move over?
- How likely is he/she to replicate their success in a different environment?
Our approach is thorough and discreet. Contact a member of our team to discover how we might work together.
Our research capability provides clients with the ability to make better and more informed decisions. Business leaders build successful strategies based on solid data and accurate market information. The team at Damhurst & Co have the skills and access to the (re)insurance markets to help you build your strategy.
Typical topics or themes identified during research will identify:
- What messaging is resonating most with target buyers or risk managers?
- Who is seen to be leading the way with new products and innovative thinking?
- Which companies are seen to be the most dynamic in their approach to building successful products and businesses?
- Where are you likely to find individuals or teams who would be receptive to an approach?
- What is the regulatory environment doing and how is it likely to progress in the next 24/36 months?
Detailed research sits at the heart of what we do. You can learn more about our research process by contacting our team.
- Executive & Management
- Underwriting & Claims
- Broking (Wholesale & Retail)
Executive Management: Chief Executive Officer (CEO) – Group level, Regional/Country level and Product
Interim or Restructuring: Chief Restructuring Officer (CRO) and core/critical functions at an executive level on an interim basis (often during periods of change)
Digital/Data & Technology: Chief Information Officer (CIO), Head of Digital Innovation, Enterprise Data and Digital Security
Finance: Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Head of Finance, Finance Director, Financial Controller and Head of FP&A
Human Resources: HR Director, Head of HR, Head of Talent Management, Head of L&D and Business Partner
Operations & Change: Chief Operating Officer (COO), Head of Operations, Operations Director and Head of Change & Transformation
Risk: Chief Risk Officer (CRO), Head of Risk Management, Director of Risk & Regulation and Risk Manager
Product: Head of Industry, Head of Class, Class Underwriter & Technical Centre of Excellence
Claims: Chief Claims Officer, Head of Claims, Claims Director and Claims Manager
Product: Head of Industry, Head of Product, Strategic Account Manager/Key Account Manager
Products range from established property, casualty and marine lines through to specialist treaty reinsurance products and niche specialty lines such as cyber, A&H and political risk. A more detailed understanding of our expertise in this space can be given or discussed upon request.